All letters should be addressed to the

Director Physical Planning
Kampala Capital City Authority
P.O. Box 7010

A list of Registered and Practicing Architects may be obtained from the Architect’s Registration Board of Uganda’s website and further guidance can be provided from the Architect’s Registration Board offices,1st Floor, Kalamu House (PKF Building), Plot 1B Kira Road, or the Uganda Society of Architects, Plot 9 Agip House, Kampala Road.

No. Since Kampala Capital City Authority came into existence, the Kampala District Land Board (KDLB) by enactment of Kampala City Act 2010 became null and void because Kampala is no longer a District but an Authority. KCCA has no mandate to renew expired leases or issue new leases. Many similar cases are still pending for the Land Board to be constituted to handle land matters in Kampala.

Within 3 months after submission of building plans.

No, if you construct without permission (approved plans), you will be prosecuted in the courts of law.

The role of PPC in plan approval is to Approve, Defer or Reject building plans based on the recommendations and field findings of the technical staff.

Basing on the reasons for rejection, your proposal can be reconsidered by the Physical planning committee after making the necessary changes.

You will be availed with a checklist at customer care which has all requirements for submission of building plans. Your plans will undergo assessment after all the requirements have been met. You will then pay the assessment fee and finally submit your plans for approval at customer care.

At customer care or KCCA website if it has been reviewed by Physical Planning Committee.

No, temporary permits for construction of buildings are no longer issued.

You should carry out a survey to have your plot boundaries opened by a registered surveyor and then demolish the encroachments at your own cost or you will be prosecuted and KCCA will demolish at your cost.

It’s made by a registered Engineer for all buildings that are existing or buildings under construction before approval can be granted.

It prevents the registered proprietor from carrying out any developments on that particular piece of land and must be removed formally.

Write an application to Director Physical Planning requesting for expediting of the approval process.

At the Physical Planning Customer care desk for development applications and letters may be submitted at the Directors Office.

At the former DFCU Bank Town Hall branch next to the KCCA main entrance.

Ideally it should be one month or less, but due to the incredible backlog of plans we are trying to clear sometimes it may shoot up a bit to 2 months. However, in the event that that happens, we welcome a request letter from the Client/Architect for expediting the plans.